Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, March 2, 2009

Our trip to California

We visited my parents in northern California for about 11 days. It was a really fun trip where Gabriel got to spend some more time with my mom and meet my dad.

Laying on the bed with my dad







We found him a used Bumbo on Craigslist for $10! They're $40 new. I'm not sure he likes it, he tries to get out the whole time he sits in it. But at least it gives him a chance to sit up on his own Just sucking on his fingers with my momSitting with my cousin, Lisa, at his first basketball game. We were sitting under one of the hoops (it was a rec game in a small cafeteria "gym" and those were the only open seats). He would freak out, but in an excited way, when the girls charged down the court. It was so funny!
It was such a great trip. We were able to take lots of walks because the waether was so mild. It did rain a lot, but that was nice because I LOVE the rain and it doesn't rain enough in Utah. We ate good. I'm off dairy because Gabriel is sensitive to it. Arcata is a big vegetarian/vegan town so I had some good dairy-free treats. The local frozen yogurt shop, Redwood Yogurt, had dairy-free vanilla yogurt and dairy-free waffle cones. I was also served special vegan bread before dinner at Mazzotti's, a local Italian restaurant. And my mom tweaked some recipes for me so I could still eat her good, homemade food. We were sad to leave, but it sure was good to see Gabe!



7 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a fun trip! I wish I could have gone home with you guys!

Cox Family said...

He is sooo cute... you two made one cute baby.. Are you guys back in Utah now?

Manda Panda said...

Oh my gosh! He is freakin adorable! What a beautiful baby boy. He is growing so fast. I cannot wait to give him a snuggle when we see him in June!

Love and miss ya'll ~ Amanda

BTW, he looks so much like Jack. They could be brothers! Love it.

Cyndi said...

Manda you have good eyes! We think the same thing about the expression in their eyes. BUT you should have your Mom look at the pics because some of them remind me of Kevin when he was a baby! It's the Forsyth genes! He is a beautiful little guy.

MikeandJill said...

Cute little boy! What are you guys up to these days? In Provo still?

hannahshirley said...

He is adorable! Where are ya'll living these days?

Celeste said...

He looks so much like his cousin Jack in these pictures!