Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Big Easy









Well, this is a shout out to the South. Especially to "The Ronster", "Beccaster and "The Bethster" (these titles are not official and we are not responsible for any further damages caused to their emotional well being)
We are currently in Hammond visiting Erin's family, which is my family also. Erin and I came prepared to gain a few pounds, and I think that we have already maxed out our calorie limits. There is some really yummy food down here. The seafood is amazing and I loved the "Mufalafalafala" or something like that.

For the past two days we have visited New Orleans, and it has been a blast. We went to a piano bar and we all sang to the tune of "Total Eclipse from the Heart" and "Mandy" which was great, especially for the drunk family from New York that was sitting next to us.

As tourists, we had to take some pictures in Bourbon Street. We did the expected things that visitors do and got invited to the "Weed Room" at the corner bar. All in all a regular visit I suppose.

Thanks to the Abels for their hospitality, and to Becca for letting us sleep in her room.
PS. Viewer discretion advised. Click on the third picture and pay close attention to the sign right above Erin's head; good times! ;0)

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I like how the bottomless topless has moderate prices....good to know for future reference. You totaly can not tell what they are covering out too, quality!

Cyndi said...

i like the food chat---keep us posted on every meal! meanwhile i'll be eating exciting things like kashi and avocados (not at the same time!).

Anonymous said...

New Orleans SOUNDS FUN!!....NOW JEREMY WANTS TO GO THE "WEED ROOM"... HEY BY THE WAY-BRING ME ALGO!! WELL YOU GUYS MAY BE EATING GOOD SEAFOOD, BUT I'M HAVING "POSOLE" TONIGHT AND TOMORROW MORNING TOO!! =)

Lindsay said...

P.S. I am super uber jelous! If I didn't love you both so much I might hate you.

Cyndi said...

Do you think the families would let you take pictures????

Gabe said...

I am pretty sure they will. I already talked with Beth and Betty Jane and they think it wont be a problem. As soon as I get them I'll post them.