Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One Good Mom

My mom came out from California last week to come meet Little Gabriel. We had a really fun time with her. I am so grateful that she could come out since it's not an easy thing for her to do and it was up in the air whether she would even be able to. I have to say I have the greatest mom. One thing I have always admired about her is how hard she works - this woman doesn't stop. She is incredible. She got here Tuesday night and that happened to be a night the baby had really bad gas. She stayed up until 4:00 a.m. burping and carrying him. It was so nice of her to sacrifice her sleep to stay up and help me. Did she sleep in? Oh no, she was up early the next morning (several hours before me). When I woke up she was in our back bedroom, Little Gabriel's future bedroom, organizing and cleaning. This room was like a messy closet - everything and anything shoved into it. She worked her butt off all day to take care of this room so that I could have some order to it. I don't know how I would have ever gotten this room cleaned up without her. I probably wouldn't have. She also organized my kitchen cupboards, cleaned the top of my refrigerator, did lots of laundry, and many, many more things to help me have a more organized house.
Thursday night my stake held a special Enrichment evening. Sister Julie Beck, the General Relief Society President, spoke. She is actually in my stake, which I didn't know. She held a question and answer session. It was wonderful and I am really glad I got to go with my mom. We haven't been able to do something like that for a really long time.
Since we would not be together for Thanksgiving my sister and her husband came to Provo from Bountiful and we all had a Thanksgiving dinner. My mom spent hours cooking for us and it was dang good!
I just want to thank my mom for all she did for me. She has always been the kind of mom who would sacrifice anything for her children. Growing up she always put us before herself. I have a great model of what a mother should be and I hope that I can be as good as she was and still is. I love you, Mom!

4 comments:

Gabe said...

Thank you so much Cyndi!!! It was really great having you here, and I know Erin and little Gabriel loved spending time with you! :)

Lindsay said...

She is a great mom, the BEST mom! I wish she could come out for often. I miss all you guys!

Cyndi said...

Thanks kids! I wouldn't trade being with you for anything......I've missed you so much this week....I love all of you!

Ronnie said...

You kids are lucky to have a great mom like Cyndi. Erin -- I know you are a great mom because you had such a great example.

Congrats -- Little Gabriel looks like a charmer -- just like his dad.