Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Little Love

We love our little boy. I absolutely adore him. I just look at him and think he must be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Everything he does is cute and no matter how fussy or difficult he is my heart still melts for him. Sometimes I feel bored with being in the house all day, everyday. Sometimes I feel frustrated when I can't figure out what he needs. Sometimes I feel exhausted and I'm not sure I can face the next day. But in a weird way whenever I feel these feelings I just love him even more. I guess the hard work makes it all the more sweet. Today we napped on the couch together and when I woke up he was so cute just lying there with one of his arms over his face and I felt really grateful that he is mine and that I have the privilege of being his mom and he is my son. He is my little pal and I am so thankful that we can spend every minute together. I don't think we ever realize the sacrifices mothers make but it makes me so happy to be able to give all of myself to him. And even though when I hold him and he looks right into my eyes and smiles it's probably only gas, it still makes all the difficulties and frustrations worth it. I love him.

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

He loves you, too! It isn't easy, but the rewards are priceless. You are a wonderful Mom!

Lindsay said...

You made me all teary. You are such an amazing mom. You are so patient and loving with little Gabriel. I can tell he loves you lots too! I hope I'm at least half the mommy you are someday. Thank you for your wonderful example. I love you both.

The Boover Bunch said...

How sweet. You are a dear mommmy. Isn't it wonderful to have these little precious buddies? Love every minute of it of this time together. It is wonderful. You are a great example of being a mommy. Love you. kiss that sweet little man for me.

Cox Family said...

Hi Erin, Im Tina Cox Gabe and I used to be next door neighbors in college. I'm not sure if gabe checks this to but I just wanted to say hello and tell you that your baby is sooo cute.. How old is he? Well it was nice talking to you.. It looks like your family is doing great!!