Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Guerreros


After our visit to Disneyland a couple of weeks ago ( You know, where I distracted Minnie and ruined someone's "Make-a-Wish" moment) we also took the opportunity to get together with some of my extended family from my Dad's side, the Guerrero family. Since we moved to Utah I have only seen my grandma and one of my aunts. As far as the rest of my family goes, it has been almost eleven years. During our visit I also met some of my cousins that have been born since we moved from Mexico.


This is my grandma Anna and my sister Melisa. My grandma has been sick for the last year or so and we really wanted to see her again. She is really cool and not like your conventional grandma. There are just too many stories and I guess it would be hard to explain, but she is great!


My uncle Gerardo (on the right) was kind enough to let us stay at his house during our visit. He also made "pozole" and it was delicious. I think I gained a few pounds, but they were totally worth it.


Only four of my uncles and one of my aunts , with their families, were able to make it. My dad comes from a family of 13 siblings, so this visit would have been really interesting if all of them and their families would have made it. On the picture above my dad is the one wearing the BYU t-shirt with my grandma and my uncle Edgardo.


Since my dad's family is really numerous, and my dad is one of the older siblings, I am close in age with one of my uncles. My uncle Roberto (above) is about 6 years older then me. He is one of the uncles that I was able to spend more time with when I was younger. Also my aunt Maribel, who was not there, happened to be close to our age and spent a lot of time with my sisters and I in Mexico. She now lives in Washington DC.


We were only there for a couple of days, but it was great seeing my family. It was a whole other experience for Erin also, since most of the conversations were in Spanish. But my family loved her. They kept telling me how pretty she was and that she could've done better for herself. I do agree that she could have, but I am glad she didn't ;0) My cousins and Roberto spoke English, but for the most part, it was a Spanish speaking visit. Good job Erin!



We are planning on going back next year, and hopefully will be able to have the whole family there. That will be very so great and we are so looking forward to it.


PS: No family gathering is complete without an ice cream truck. This guy had such variety that it was chaotic trying to choose just the right delicious treat.

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

estar guapo (ask.com says that is look beautiful) Who knows! hope it came out as a compliment to your beautiful family! Erin is also beautiful AND blessed to have you Gabe.

Manda Panda said...

That is so neat that you were able to visit with your family after so long! The ice cream truck cracked me up. Hello? Could there even possibly be that many different variations of ice cream? Too funny!
xoxoxoxoxo - Amanda
p.s. - I'm sorry if my joke about the make-a-wish trip was out of line. It was only meant to amuse, not to offend.

Gabe said...

I loved the comment about the make-a-wish! Its the little things in life.

TerriLyn said...

Gabriel! Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. It was so good to hear from you. You are your wife are too cute and congrats on expecting a little one. I'm glad you got to visit your family. What a cool opportunity. They l;ook like such happy people. So are you guys in Provo? We're moving to Provo in just 2 more months for David (my husband) to finish up his last two years of Medical school. It would be fun to see you again. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Going on this trip was one of the many blessings of this year and I am very glad that we got to do it together... Erin I must say I am very proud of you, not many people can stand being around that many Guerreros in one day. Don't forget that was not even half of the fam. we'll see how you do next year.
It was a great trip, good people, good food, what else can you ask for?
Well I could ask for better weather or better AC. It was too hot!