Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, October 24, 2008

The little things in life




I can admit now that during this couple of days sleep has been almost absent. It does not matter if its morning or night, I feel just as tired. Who could have thought that such a small boy with a very tiny digestive system could go through so many diapers in a day. I have to admit that it makes me VERY happy when I know that he has a dirty diaper, because this means that he is eating!!! Little Gabriel has been struggling a little bit with breast feeding. It is because of this, that when he gets a dirty diaper, I know that he is getting some food.

It is the little things in life that mean the most. He will eventually not struggle eating, and eventually will be able to sleep a whole night without waking up, someday he will be able to go to potty by himself. Until then Erin and I will enjoy the blessing that it is to be a parent, waking up about every 2 hours , and not remembering if its day or night, or when was the last time we had something to eat, wondering if the last time he woke up was 1 minute ago or 1 hour ago.

I say it again, I admire parents and the sacrifices they make, especially mothers. I cannot believe the kind of energy and patience that Erin has and the love that she shows little Gabriel. No matter how loud he cries and how much attention he needs, Erin just calms him down. Love you Erin ;)

(Our little boy is 3 days old)

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Watching my good friend have her first baby (she was born on Sunday, so just a few days older than Little Gabriel) reminds me of just how hard it is to have a newborn. So much to worry about, so little sleep. But so much love! Things are exhausting and difficult (though still wonderful) now, but they will get easier (and still be wonderful). You are in my thoughts!

Ang said...

It's hard, but worth it! And it does get easier. And you WILL get more sleep :) You two are doing a great job!

Manda Panda said...

Amen, ang! It is hard, but SOOOO worth it. You guys are such sweet, loving, patient parents. We are so proud of you. You are so blessed!

p.s. LOVE all the pics...keep em coming.

Celeste said...

So sweet. I forget how small and precious they are... and getting up in the night... It's so wonderful and I'm so glad you are enjoying it.

The Boover Bunch said...

Oh, so tiring..Oh, so worth it. He is beautiful. The little things are great. Cherish those times with him in the middle of the night. I love you all and am soooooooo proud of you and Erin. I can't wait to meet that little guy in June.